A few months ago, we begun the process to move Tech Explorations to a new website.
We made this decision for several reasons.
The most important one is that we realised that our old website, although it has served us well over the years, was limited in a few important areas. For example, we were unable to properly integrate the video courses with our books and the Bootcamp or publish organized educational content. Just as important, we could not build an interactive and social online learning experience for you.
It took a lot of effort, over several months.
And we are finally there!
You are reading this post on our new website, at techexplorations.com.
The two main challenges to moving to a new website were
(1) getting all the content across (courses, lectures, quizzes, blog posts, pages, videos, the podcast, support pages, links etc), and
(2) migrating all the student accounts.
All this, we tried to do while minimising any disruptions to our students learning, and learning "on the job" how to build and administer a brand new website, made up of hundreds of interconnected components.
At the time I am writing this post, April 18, 2019, I can say with confidence that the move is complete.
All of our content and student accounts are now on techexplorations.com.
An important part of the process was to move your course enrolments to the new site, so that you can continue to access them there.
This is also complete.
The last step of our migration to the new website is to make the final transition from the old to the new.
Here is what is going to happen next. This is important to you if you have an account on the old website at txplore.com.
Please read carefully:
- The old website at txplore.com is now archived. It will receive no further changes or updates.
- New courses (like my new upcoming ESP32 course!), improvements, and new content will be available only on the new website, techexplorations.com.
- You will be able to continue to access the old website via a new url: legacy.txplore.com. This is working now. legacy.txplore.com will be active for six months, i.e. until October 31, 2019. After that, we will shut it down.
- The domain txplore.com will redirect to techexplorations.com. This will begin on Saturday April 20 (next week, AEST).
- Your courses, as well as any books you may have purchased from our bookstore, are already available in your new account on techexplorations.com.
Our main priority now is to make sure that all your courses and content from the old website is available to you at techexplorations.com.
We have already created your account and enrolled you to your courses.You should have already received notifications via email with instructions on how to access your content in the new website.
There is a page with answers to frequently asked questions where you can look for information on how to access your account, reset your password, and ask for help.
Remember: to logon to the new website, you must use the same email address you use with the old website.
What to do if you can't see your courses in the new website?
Just raise a support ticket, and we'll sort it out right away. Here is the Help Desk. Please *clearly* explain what is missing from your account, and remember to include the email address you use to logon on to the old website so we can look at our records.
Thank you for your patience, and understanding 🙂
Peter and the team.