Git and GitHub
Master Practical Key Concepts and Workflow of Git and Git Hub
So you want to learn Version Control Systems.
Maybe that's Git, GitHub, GitLab, or even Bit Buckets. Doesn't really matter.
Let me teach you all the fundamentals that you need to get yourself started as fast as possible.
I know that your time is precious and you're about to start a new job at your dreams company or maybe you need to start working on your projects right away - so let's not waste time!
This course will save you plenty of time googling and trying to connect the dots.
So welcome to my Ultra Concise & Summarized Course to get yourself started!
I know that many of you want to get to business right away - I’ve created this ultimate course with the most essential content you will need to feel confident and get yourself started as fast as possible.
Who is this course for?
1. Computer Science, Computer Engineering graduates.
2. Electronic Engineering, etc.
3. Programmers & Developers who want to improve their skills.
4. Python Developers.
6. Web Developers.
7. C/C++/C# Developers.
8. Anyone who wants to know the essentials of Version Control!
You will get all the necessary explanations, straight to the point, without any irrelevant content - exactly what you need.
This course will be yours to keep as the Cheat Sheet you can and should use whenever you will need it.
What are the objectives of the course?
This is one of the most essential courses every programmer should take - whether it is to improve your development skills, become a better programmer, or even increasing your chances of getting your dream job.
Hardware & Software
To complete this course, you will need:
What is this course about?
Please watch this video to learn about the learning outcomes of this course, and how it is structured, so that you know what to expect.
How to approach this course
What is version control?
Why use version control?
Here's what you're getting:
Which option is best for you?
You can enroll to our courses in one of three options: Solo, Community, and Mentor. For more information, please see this explainer page.
Once-off payment, best for self-sufficient learners on a budget.
Get one-on-one live meetings with a mentor, learn to mastery.
This button will take you to Stripe, our payments processor.
What's in this course?
Section 1 - Introduction to Version Control Systems
- Git and GitHub - Intro
- What you're going to learn
- How to approach this course - Heroes may skip
- Introduction to Version Control Systems - WHY you should be using it
- What is a VCS (Version Control System)
Section 2 - Learning Git Essentials
- Download & Install Git
- Configuring basic git information
- Creating First GIT Project
- Basic Workflow of git
- Basic Workflow Additional Practice
- Reviewing Changes -git diff
- Removing a file from git repository
- Tagging (Local Part)
- Un-staging a Staged File in Git
- Un-modifying Files - Revert Last Commit Operation
Section 3 - GitHub: First Steps & Basics
- Why we need Remote Version Control System
- Collaboration & Online Backup - Importance
- Choosing GitHub RVCS!
- Creating GitHub Account
- Quickly Exploring GitHub
Creating New GitHub Repository
Section 4 - GitHub: Commands & Functionalities
- Trying to Push Local to Remote
- Configuring Connection using SSH
- Watch & Star
- Raw, Blame and History
- GitHub Issues & Labels
- GitHub Fork Functionality
- Clone from Remote to Local Repository
- Branches - Hands On
- Branches - Introduction
Section 5 - Git Premium Content: Visualization, Flow, and Commands
- Introduction to Extended Visualization
- Visualization of Git Local Workflow Diagram
- Untracked files
- Tracking New Files
- Staging Modified Files
- Two States After Staged
- Committing the Changes
- Skipping the Staging Area
Section 6 - Branching, Merging, and Conflict Resolution
- Branching - Real Life Scenarios!
- Merge - Fast Forward Technique
- Merge - Recursive Merging 3-Way Merge
- Merge Conflict - General Introduction
- Merge Conflict Resolution - Core Part & Usage
Section 7 - Git Intermediate Level: Going Further
- Git Status Short
- “git log” → Going Further
- Git Aliases
- Removing Files
- Moving a file in Git
The course instructor
My name is Vlad and I’ll be your teacher on Tech Explorations!
I have a B.Sc. in Computer Science and a B.Sc. in Electronic Engineering.
Also, I have practical experience working as an Engineer at large corporations such as Intel, as well as a couple of Start-Ups which included the development of IoT and Cyber-Systems and making some cool projects with different companies (like Wacom).
With over 3 years of experience teaching at the Academy - I feel eager and passionate about sharing my knowledge in the best way I can and helping you to learn technical (Engineering & Programming) topics in the best and easiest way.
So I hope you're ready for the beginning of our journey together - let’s LEVEL UP our Skills!
Copyright 2023, Tech Explorations - Privacy