We have published a comprehensive update to ESP32 For Busy People. This course was first published a couple of years ago.
Although the ESP32 hardware has had a few relatively small incremental updates, the ESP32 libraries from Espressif that we use with the Arduino IDE jumped from version 1.0.1 to version 2.0.3. As I write this, I see that the latest library version is 2.0.4.
Aside from newer software and hardware versions, the Web also changes over time. This results to broken links and out-of-date information.
So, it was time for me to do a comprehensive update of the course.
This update contains tests, fixes, and improvements:
- I have tested that all links worked, and fixed all that were broken.
- I have tested all course sketches and schematics to ensure they work with the latest available ESP32 devkit version 4 (based on the newer ESP32-WROOM-32E module) and the ESP32 Arduino core libraries. I fixed any minor issues I encountered.
- I have checked for changes in external dependencies, such as in section 9 where I updated the process of acquiring the certificate needed to establish a secure WiFi connection with a web server.
- I have improved the documentation of the course, by adding new links to external resources, such as sketches and schematics, to save you the trouble from having to copy from the video.
- I have added six new and updates lectures (2.10, 2.20, 2.40, 9.30 with Zoolark, 9.40 with Zoolark, 10.30).
- I have tested all projects and peripherals to ensure they work as shown in the lectures.
The updated course is now fully-up-to-date to work with the ESP32 development kit version 4, ESP32 Arduino Core version 2.0.3, and the Arduino IDE 1.8.19.
You will have no problem using the Arduino Core library 2.0.4 that just came out.
You will also have no problem using an older ESP32 dev kit, as there are no experiments specific to the newer one with the ESP32-WROOM-32E module. If you are not sure, feel free to ask in the comments below.
To learn more about ESP32 For Busy People, please go to the course page.