Welcome to Tech Explorations Podcast episode 9.
I’m Peter Dalmaris, and in this episode, my guest is Robert Feranec.
Robert is the founder of FEDEVEL Academy. He is well-known through his YouTube channel and his online schematic design and PCB layout courses, where he teaches hardware design.
Robert specializes in advanced digital development with a focus on high-speed, processor, and motherboard board design.
He regularly posts on his Welldone Blog, teaches at Udemy, and runs the hardware DesignHelp Forum.
Robert creates content about electronics, Altium Designer, Cadence OrCAD / Allegro, and Hardware Design tips and tricks.
In this interview, we cover a range of topics and explore Robert’s journey as an engineer. If you design printed circuit boards, you’ll find a lot of gems of wisdom in this episode.
This is Tech Explorations Podcast episode 9.
The Tech Explorations Podcast is a podcast produced by Tech Explorations, a leading provider of educational resources for Makers, STEM students, and teachers. Go to techexplorations.com to see a complete list of our books and courses covering the Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and electronics.
- [0:00:00] Introducing Robert Feranec, computer board designer and educator
- [0:02:08] Robert describes his journey and experiences as a designer of PCBs and motherboards and later as an educator
- [0:25:19] Robert talks about starting his own company and switching to teaching
- [0:37:41] What are some of the challenges in creating a high-density/high-speed printed circuit board?
- [0:46:44] Robert's opinion on auto-router vs manually routing
- [0:56:18] What is Robert's approach around segmenting a board, placing subsystems and allocating space for them
- [1:02:21] Rapid Fire Questions
- [1:02:30] Educational resources recommendations by Robert
- [1:06:36] Robert's favorite PCB design applications
- [1:08:57] Robert's Contact Information: Email, YouTube channel, LinkedIn, Facebook